Border crossing by citizens of Ukraine
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS OF UKRAINIAN CITIZENS FOR STATE BORDER CROSSING
- Foreign passport
- Diplomatic passport
- Service passport
- Travel document of a child
- Seaman’s book
- Crew list certificate
In the case of loss of the documents mentioned above by a resident of Ukraine being abroad, return certificate is the document permitting to enter Ukraine. The return certificate is issued by diplomatic or consulate establishments abroad.
In the cases stipulated in Ukrainian international treaties, another travel documents may also be legitimate for border crossing.
According to Article 33 of the Constitution of Ukraine any Ukrainian citizen can’t be restricted in his right to enter Ukraine under no circumstances.
REGULATIONS ON STAMPIMG TRAVEL DOCUMENTS PROCEDURE
After the passport control procedure the documents are returned to Ukrainian citizens without being stamped. Such stamps certifying crossing of the state border of Ukraine by a Ukrainian citizen are put only in the case of the holder’s personal request.
CASES WHEN A CITIZEN OF UKRAINE MAY BE TEMPORILY DENIED CROSSING THE STATE BORDER
According to Art. 6 of the Law of Ukraine "On procedure of departure from Ukraine and entry into Ukraine by citizens of Ukraine" citizen of Ukraine may be temporarily denied crossing the border in cases where:
- he is aware of information that constitutes state secret;
- unresolved alimonies, contractual or other outstanding obligations are in the process;
- he is prosecuted;
- he is sentenced for the offense;
- he evades the obligations imposed by the court decision;
- he informed deliberately false information about himself;
- he is subject to conscription for military service;
- a civil lawsuit is filed against him;
- he is recognized to be an especially dangerous recidivist by a court sentence or is under the administrative supervision of the police.
* When using the hyperlink to this page is obligatory